[R] ggplot2 - accessing legend data

Pedro Barros pedro.barros at fao.org
Fri Sep 19 18:20:34 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to build a set of plots, and build a common legend to all of
them. Because I want to use a multi-line, multi-column legend layout, I
cannot use the common ggplot2 legends (if I can, please tell me how).
So, I would like to know how can I access the properties of a legend, so
that I can extract the colours/symbols/patterns and the corresponding
labels, so that I can then build my own legend.
I tried using gglegend, but I cannot find out how to access its properties.

Thanks,
Pedro