[R] How to find a shift between two curves or data sets

Sébastien Durand sebastien.durand at cidco.ca
Thu Sep 18 22:38:06 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a issue here!

I need to find the offset or shift between two data sets.

Each data set does not start nor end at the same time and dont even have
the same sampling interval (which by the way isn't constant in any of
the data set).

It must be known that the data expressed in both the data set are
comming from the same sensor so they should be the same!

What I am looking for is a way to minimize the differences between the
two curves by applying an x offset.

Would any body have a clue how to perform such action, I simply have no
idea were to start.

Thank you very very much.

S.