[R] Plotting curves in lattice panels

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Sep 18 14:21:26 CEST 2008

I have a data set concerning ferritin levels in blood. There are three
relevant columns for this question, ferritin (continuous), score (ordered,
from 0 to 8) and gender. There is a good linear relationship between
log(ferritin) and score for each gender.

I can create a lattice plot on the log scale showing the data and the
fitted line:
xyplot(log(ferritin)  ~ total|gender, data = blood,
        panel = function(x, y, ...){
          panel.xyplot(x, y)
          panel.abline(lm(y ~ x), type = 'l', ...)
        }
)

I would like to be able to plot the data and the fitted line on the
original scale however. I can't see how to do that.

Any suggestions?

David Scott
David Scott	Department of Statistics, Tamaki Campus
 		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
 		Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86830		Fax: +64 9 373 7000
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz

Graduate Officer, Department of Statistics
Director of Consulting, Department of Statistics