[R] unix-type commandline keystrokes in the windows RGUI

Adaikalavan Ramasamy a.ramasamy at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 16:04:07 CEST 2008

Why not use a script?

I feel that it is much better than using the history via [CTRL]-R in
unix, which also pulls up errorneous commands.

A script is vital for statistical analysis and research where you may
want to or be asked to repeat or reproduce the analysis months later.

Rgui (on windows) has a built in script editor. There are many external
editors capable of working with R. My recommendation is to use emacs via
ESS (emacs speaks statistics) which works in most, if not all, operating
systems and has a Unix feel to it.

If you insist on wanting to use [CTRL]-R like features, then have a look
at history() within R. You can also try installing cgywin or bash etc
and see if that works from the DOS prompt.

Regards, Adai