[R] Symbols on a capscale object plot

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 14:21:01 CEST 2008

Hi Rodrigo,

>> I would like to use something like squares, triangles and circles (filled
>> and empty).

You would normally add this using points():
?points

##
plot(1:10, type="n")
points(1:5, pch=21:25, bg=1:5)
points(6:10, pch=21:25, bg=c(1,"darkgrey","cyan", "bisque"))
points(6:10, y=rep(6,5), pch=1:5)

I don't know what vegan is doing at the moment but there used to be a points
command for doing this (sub ordiplot, I think). Vegan mostly still uses base
graphics so you can always get your scores [via: scores(ord.object): see
?scores] from your saved ordination object and add them as per above.

Regards, Mark.