[R] reading in results from system(). There must be an easier way...

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 19:15:10 CEST 2008

The conversion to a data frame and the transpose might be time consuming.  In
addition to other comments you have received, try this:

matrix(rawinput, ncol = 6, byrow = TRUE)

and if you don't really need a data frame eliminate the conversion from matrix
to data.frame.

You might time this against the code you posted to see if it makes a difference.