[R] : writeMat

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 10 20:08:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've managed to reproduce the error with R.matlab v1.2.2 and Matlab
v7.4.0.287 (R2007a).

There seems to be a bug introduced in R.matlab v1.2.2 (2008-07-12). In
this version we tried to optimize the speed of writeMat(), and
something failed (although all tests show the generated files loads
fine with readMat() in R).  You have probably updated R.matlab to this
version, which is why "it worked before".

Until I identify and fix the bug, you can roll back to an earlier
version that I have verified works.  Start a fresh R session and
install R.matlab v.1.2.1 as follows:

source("http://www.braju.com/R/hbLite.R");
installPackages("http://www.braju.com/R/repos/R.matlab_1.2.1.tar.gz");

(Windows users should replace *.tar.gz with *.zip).

Let me know if this helps and thanks for reporting the bug

Henrik

PS. It's time to update your R installation. DS.