[R] ROC curve from logistic regression

Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com
Mon Sep 8 15:28:25 CEST 2008

Hi

Try the following reference:

Comparison of Three Methods for Estimating the
Standard Error of the Area under the Curve in ROC
Analysis of Quantitative Data by Hajian-Tilaki and Hanley, Academic
Radiology, Vol 9, No 11, November 2002.

Below is a simple implementation that will return both the AUC and its
standard error (DeLong et al method).

Hope this helps...

Pedro

#Input: yreal [-1,1]

auc <- function(yreal,forecasts){

	sizeT <-nrow(yreal)
	pos <- 0
	for(i in 1:sizeT){
		if(yreal[i]>0) {pos <- pos + 1}
	}
	neg <- sizeT-pos
	yrealpos <- vector(length=pos)
	yrealneg <- vector(length=neg)
	forepos  <- vector(length=pos)
	foreneg  <- vector(length=neg)

	controlpos <- 1
	controlneg <- 1
	for(i in 1:sizeT){
		if(yreal[i]>0) {
			yrealpos[controlpos] <- yreal[i]
			forepos[controlpos]  <- forecasts[i]
			controlpos <- controlpos + 1
		} else {
			yrealneg[controlneg] <- yreal[i]
			foreneg[controlneg] <- forecasts[i]
			controlneg <- controlneg + 1
		}
	}
	oper <- 0
	for( i in 1:pos){
		for(j in 1:neg){
			if(forepos[i] > foreneg[j]) {oper <- oper + 1}
			if(forepos[i]==foreneg[j]) {oper <- oper + 0.50
}
		}
	}

	area <- oper/(pos*neg)
	vpj <- vector(length=pos)
		vqk <- vector(length=neg)
		oper <- 0
		for(i in 1:pos){
			for(j in 1:neg){
				if(forepos[i] > foreneg[j]) {oper <-
oper + 1
				} else {if(forepos[i]==foreneg[j]) {oper
<- oper + 0.50 }}
			}
			division <- oper/neg
			resta <- (division-area)^2
			vpj[i] <- resta
			oper <- 0
		}
		oper  <- 0
		resta <- 0
		for(j in 1:neg){
			for(i in 1:pos){
				if(forepos[i] > foreneg[j]) {oper <-
oper + 1
				} else {if(forepos[i]==foreneg[j]) {oper
<- oper + 0.50 }}
			}
			division <- oper/pos
			resta <- (division-area)^2