[R] How to preserve date format while aggregating

Erich Studerus erich.studerus at bli.uzh.ch
Mon Sep 8 15:15:08 CEST 2008

Thanks, I've already tried that. The problem is, that the original date is
not restored when I change the numeric back to date. I get a totally
different date.
Maybe it has something to do with the original date format. My data are
directly imported from a SQL-database. The date column to which I want to
apply the aggregate function has the two classes POSIXt and POSIXct.
Changing the column to class "Date" before applying the aggregate function
did not help. I still get a different date, when I transform it back to
class "Date".
I would be glad, if someone knew a more elegant way to extract the rows with
minimum/earliest date per subject.

Erich