[R] creating a vignette

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Sep 8 01:37:55 CEST 2008

On 07/09/2008 4:51 PM, Edna Bell wrote:
> Dear R Gurus:
>
> How would I create a vignette, please?
>
> Why would a vignette be better than examples, please?

You can create a vignette any way you like, but the most common way is
with Sweave:  write a document that is mainly LaTeX, but with R code
inclusions that are executed and displayed.

The main value of a vignette is that it documents more:  instead of
documenting one or a few functions, it can document a whole package, or
a whole type of analysis using several different packages.

Duncan Murdoch