[R] library/function that estimates parameters of well known distributions from empirical data?

Ted Byers r.ted.byers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 23:02:17 CEST 2008

Thanks Ben

That was the one I'd remembered but couldn't find.

Mark Leeds also told me about DistributionFits(fBasics), which I hadn't
seen.  There seems to be only a little overlap between the two.

Could I trouble you to expand on AIC (esp. what the function name and
package is to apply it to the output from these two functions)?  I just read
the help provided for each and neither mentions AIC.

Thanks again Ben

Ted