[R] Use of colour in plots

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Sep 5 16:40:47 CEST 2008

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 05.09.2008 16:24:35:

> Here is an example doing the same type of thing.
> It should be easy enough to adapt.
>
> Good luck

> x <- runif(100, 0, 1)
> y <- runif(100, 0, 1)
> z <- data.frame(x,y)
>
>  plot(subset(z, z$y >=.5), col="red", ylim=c(min(z$y),
>  max(z$y)), pch=16)
>  points(subset(z, z$y <=.49), col="blue", pch=16)

Or

third <- (z$y >=.5)+1
plot(z, col=third, pch=16)

Just tell to col a vector of colors with appropriate use of logical.

Or you can use col = as.numeric(some factor), which is quite convenient
use of factors feature which is not desired in other cases.
See warning section of factor help page.

Regards