[R] Error with Rcmdr package

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Sep 3 04:41:39 CEST 2008

Dear Nguyen D Nguyen,

The tcltk package is part of the standard R distribution. I'm not sure why
you got this error, and you don't provide any details about your friend's
system (OS, version of R, version of the Rcmdr package). To see why the
problem lies, you might try loading just the tcltk package via
library(tcltk). If that doesn't work, then something must be broken in the R
installation or perhaps Tcl/Tk isn't installed on the system.

I hope this helps,
 John