[R] More help with stl?

rkevinburton at charter.net rkevinburton at charter.net
Tue Sep 2 21:20:07 CEST 2008

Thank you.
I am not saying the data is wrong. I can do somethiing like:
y = tread + seasonal + remainder
and it gives me back the original data almost exactly.
I just don't know how to interpret it. The data is clearly not periodic but I was expecting to get more information about the function that was indicated in the seasonal component. Something similar to the impulse response to a function generates values at basically all frequencies but different amplitudes. There is something different in the response to this function than say what would be expected from a Fourier analysis of frequencies.

Kevin