[R] locfit and latest R version

Stuart Barker (Prof) sbarker at une.edu.au
Fri Oct 31 12:21:14 CET 2008

I have been using some old R scripts that were prepared for me using
R Version 1.9.0. In these, there is a call to
library(locfit)
and with this version of R, I have no problem.

But needing to upgrade to the latest version of R, I find these
scripts no longer work, and with
help(locfit)
I get
Error in help(locfit): Object locfit not found

So my question is -
what is available that has replaced locfit, and that will do the same
thing as locfit, but with the latest R version?

You will realise from this that I have no expertise in using R or in
writing R scripts, and will greatly appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

Stuart Barker

J.S.F. (Stuart) Barker HonDSc FTSE
Emeritus Professor
School of Environmental and Rural Science
University of New England
Armidale, NSW 2351
Australia

Honorary Professor