[R] acf(): meaning of the blue horizontal lines

Oliver Bandel oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Wed Oct 29 00:42:50 CET 2008

Zitat von David Scott <d.scott at auckland.ac.nz>:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Oliver Bandel wrote:
>
> > Zitat von David Scott <d.scott at auckland.ac.nz>:

> >> Look at
> >>
> >> ?plot.acf
> > [...]
> >
> > OK, this was interesting.
> > It was what I have thought that it could be the case,
> > but what I was not sure about.
> >

> >> for which there is a pointer on the help to acf:
> >> 'The generic function plot has a method for objects of class
> "acf". '
> >
> > class acf?! I have not heard of acf-class before.
> >

> So you are telling us you didn't read the documentation for acf which
> contains the following:
[...]

I have read it, but it seems I have not read it with enough care
and forgot this acf-class stuff. Selective reading.... looking for
something,
not seeing what else is mentioned there.
I have looked for that blue line... and forgot that there was mentioned
acf-class.

So, I have not heard of acf-class, but read about it and then have
forgotten it. ;-)

Ciao,
   Oliver