[R] Transferring results from R to MS Word

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Sun Oct 26 15:43:01 CET 2008

Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:
> Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:
>> Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:

>>> Is that problem part of an open source project?
>>

>> That is my intention.  Currently the program is written in Delphi
>> (version 7), but it should be relatively easy to transfer it into a
>> version that can be compiled with an open source Pascal compiler.
>>

> I hope you'll keep the community posted on that.  If you ever have a
> need for a function in R for linux that makes e-mailing easy, I have one.

Now, that is interesting.  I have not thought abut mailing from R.  The
main reason for writing the program in Delphi was that I had the
compiler already and that is simple to program something that could
mail.  Having a copy of a mailing function for Linux would be useful in
any case, so my response would simply be: Yes please.  Would that
function work with Ubuntu?

> One issue I need to face is that for project assignments involving more
> comprehensive analyses of datasets there are many right answers so
> automatic checking of results is difficult.

Yes, that would be tricky.  The problems my students get are quite
simpleminded.  In any case, the checking is not automatic, I still have
to compare the answers from the students with my solution "manually".

Tom

> Frank
>
>> Tom

| Tom Backer Johnsen, Psychometrics Unit,  Faculty of Psychology |
| University of Bergen, Christies gt. 12, N-5015 Bergen,  NORWAY |
| Tel : +47-5558-9185                        Fax : +47-5558-9879 |
| Email : backer at psych.uib.no    URL : http://www.galton.uib.no/ |