[R] Help regarding oo package

Aditya Udas adiudas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 22:47:58 CEST 2008

Hi Henrik,
I'm sorry to be bothering you, but there is something that I have been
stuck with for a while now.

I am trying to create a class like :

setConstructorS3("MyPTCM",function(tokenslist=0)
{
       extend(Object(), "MyPTCM",
       .gamma = 0.0,
       .rho = 0.0,
       .phi = 0.0,
       .tokenslist = tokenslist,
       .uniquetokens = unique(tokenslist),
       .numtypes = length(uniquetokens),
       .Nsq = numtypes*numtypes,
       .CONTEXTti = array(0,dim=numtypes),
       .CONTEXTtim = array(0,dim=numtypes),
       .ZEROVEC = .CONTEXTti,
       .MTF = array(0.0,dim=c(numtypes,numtypes)),
       .hIN = array(0.0,dim=c(numtypes,numtypes)),
       .tokencount <- 0);
}
)

Everytime I try to create an object of type MyPTCM, it gives me an error saying
> b <- MyPTCM(tokens)
Error in extend.Object(Object(), "MyPTCM", gamma = 0, rho = 0, phi = 0,  :
       object "uniquetokens" not found

I have tried using this$.uniquetokens and just by referencing it with
.uniquetokens and other such techniques but to no avail.

I'm sure I'm making some basic fundamental mistake.
Any kind of inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Aditya