[R] lars

Derow, Catherine Kari catherine.k.derow at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Oct 23 21:13:12 CEST 2008

I am trying to use the lars package in R to carry out lasso analysis.
However, I am having some problems.  Please could you help me with the
following questions:

1) Exactly what format do x and y need to be in for cv.lars(x, y) and lars
(x, y)?  And what information do x and y need to contain exactly?  I have
tried using to test just a simple matrix of numeric values for x and a
simple vector of numeric values for y but have got error messages.

2)For the K-fold cross-validation are the K subsets randomly chosen?

I have read the document 'The lars Package', which is helpful.  However,
when I try using the package I am getting a variety of error messages.

I am not an advanced user of R so please do be very specific.

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.