[R] Mirror/Package problems in R 2.8.0

APSalverda salverda at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 20:18:27 CEST 2008

I experienced the same problem after upgrading from 2.7.2 to 2.8.0.

I checked "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions" and noticed that the
installer did not copy the packages that I had installed under Version 2.7.
I reinstalled those packages, initially experiencing the same problem you
describe, with several mirrors not working.  I guess that those CRAN mirrors
haven't updated to 2.8 yet.  Right now, "Canada (BC)" appears to work fine.