[R] A matrix automation problem

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Thu Oct 23 06:31:10 CEST 2008

megh: assuming that i understand what you want, i think below does it
but check it carefully because i didn't.

i = 1:9
a = matrix(1:9, 3)

tempa <- lapply(i,function(.index) {
   a^.index
})

tempb <- lapply(seq(1,dim(a)[1]*dim(a)[2],by=dim(a)[1]),function(.index)
{
   do.call(rbind,tempa[.index:(.index+(dim(a)[1])-1)])
})

tempc <- do.call(cbind,tempb)
print(tempc)
print(str(tempc))