[R] torque/psb & snow library

Markus Schmidberger schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Oct 22 17:57:47 CEST 2008

Hi Javier,

This is probably a better list for your question.

I never tried torque with socket. We use torque and mpi or pvm (and R)
and it is working very well.
Why do you use socket as communication layer?
MPI was especially developed for communication between nodes in a
computer cluster. And there you can specify which nodes and the number
of processors per node you want use. Therfore I would strongly recommend
to use MPI. This will be faster in every condition!

Best
Markus