[R] pdf creation error

j daniel jdlecy at maxwell.syr.edu
Tue Oct 21 20:06:26 CEST 2008

Hello -

I am trying to create a pdf file in R, but I keep getting an error that says
it cannot open the pdf device.  Here is the code and output:

> pdf(file="test.pdf")
Error in pdf(file = "test.pdf") : unable to start device pdf
In addition: Warning message:
In pdf(file = "test.pdf") : cannot open 'pdf' file argument 'test.pdf'

Until yesterday I could use the pdf() function without problems, so I am not
sure what happened.  The error does not go away if I restart R or restart my
computer.  Any ideas???