[R] Question about glm using R

Jordi Garcia Jordigarcia at isa.utl.pt
Tue Oct 21 11:57:02 CEST 2008

Good morning,

I am using R to try to model the proportion of burned area in Portugal.
The dependent variable is the proportion. The family used is binomial
and the epsilon would be binary.

I am not able to find the package to be used when the proportion (%) has
to be used in glm. Could someone help me?

I am using normal commands of glm.. for example:

glm_5<- glm(formula=p~Precipitation, family=binomial(link=logit),
data=dados)

where p is the proportion of burned area, but this error message apperars:

Warning message:
non-integer #successes in a binomial glm! in: eval(expr, envir, enclos)

That is why I think I am not using the proper glm package.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jordi

Jordi Garcia-Gonzalo

FORCHANGE - Forest Ecosystem Management Under Global Change
Departamento de Engenharia Florestal - Instituto Superior de Agronomia
Universidade Técnica de Lisboa
Tapada da Ajuda, 1349-017 Lisboa
Portugal
tel: +351 21 365 33 66