[R] Simulation of data

Marcioestat marcioestat at POP.COM.BR
Tue Oct 21 05:12:59 CEST 2008

Hi listers,
I am working on a program of statistical analysis of simulated data and I've
been searching the error at the program, but I didn't find it!
It is something about the WHILE procedure, the error says: Error in while
(ecart >= d) { : missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
Thanks in advance!
Márcio

k<-100
d<-0.00112
z<-rnorm(100, 0, 1)
prop<-rep(0,100)
for (i in 1:100){
	if (z[i]>1.75){
		prop[i]<-1}
		else{prop[i]<-0}}
proportion<-mean(prop)
ecart<-sqrt((proportion*(1-proportion))/k)
while(ecart>=d){
	prop_<-0
	w<- rnorm(1, 0, 1)
	z<-c(z,w)
	{if (w>1.75){
		prop_<-1}
		else{
			prop_<-0}
}
	prop<-c(prop, prop_)
	proportion<-proportion+(prop[k+1]-proportion/(k+1))
	ecart<-sqrt((proportion*(1-proportion))/(k+1))
	k<-k+1
}