[R] Dep setting for install of packages...

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Sun Oct 19 16:09:32 CEST 2008

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> Your .libPaths() has a single component.  The number
> of characters in it is not relevant so it should be bringing
> in the dependenies.  Suggest you try this:
>
> debug(utils:::menuInstallPkgs)
>
> and try using the menu now and see what
> comes up.

 > chooseCRANmirror()
 > debug(utils:::menuInstallPkgs)
 > utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
debugging in: utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
debug: {
     install.packages(NULL, .libPaths()[1], dependencies = NA,
         type = type)
}
Browse[1]>

Cursor waiting quietly at that prompt, but nothing else happened after
entering the debug command and clicking the menu option.

Keep in mind I am not a programmer and this sort of deep dive into the
inner workings of a software tool I make use of is way outside my range of
experience.

Was there a next step I should have made, or is this what was supposed to
happen? No list of packages appeared. The program simply paused waiting for
something else to be done by the human looking at the screen.

--

Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario

---