[R] sorting matrix output alphabetically

Bob Green bgreen at dyson.brisnet.org.au
Sat Oct 18 11:59:05 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have been using the TM package to create a TermDocMatrix, which I
have saved as a matrix so that I can view word frequencies.  Below is
a section of the code that I have used and an excerpt of the output:
What I wanted to be able to do is to view the output alphabetically -
rather than the results being sorted by frequency as below, that an
alphabetical list would be generated. This would be quite long as the
matrix is 176 x 2796, so I was hoping I could save the output in a
csv file, which could be manipulated either in R or EXCEL.

Any advice as to how I could do this is appreciated,

Bob

rec.matrix <- TermDocMatrix(recdata)
recdata.matrix <- findFreqTerms(rec.matrix, 5, Inf)

# creates a matrix
new.matrix <- as(Data(rec.matrix), "matrix")
tot <- colSums(new.matrix)
sort(tot)

                unavail            unwilling               wheels
                    1                    1                    1
                evans          interviewed                 jill
                    1                    1                    1
             referral             achieved                 aids