[R] rotating points on a plot

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Oct 14 04:26:59 CEST 2008

I don't think that you can do this with points (though I would be happy to be proven wrong), but you could look at the my.symbols function in the TeachingDemos package.  You need to create a function to plot the symbol that you want with the rotation that you want, but then you can use it to place the symbols/points on the plot with the desired rotation, see also the ms.polygram and ms.polygon functions for examples that include a possible rotation (adj argument).

Hope this helps,