[R] Fw: Logistic regresion - Interpreting (SENS) and (SPEC)

cryan at binghamton.edu cryan at binghamton.edu
Tue Oct 14 01:00:27 CEST 2008

I recall a concept of Snout:  sensitivity that is high enough to essentially rule out the presence of disease.  And Spin:  specificity that is high enough to essentially rule in the presence of disease.

So perhaps the below is backwards?  The higher the sensitivity, the greater the NPV?  And the higher the specificity, the greater the PPV?

http://www.musc.edu/dc/icrebm/diagnostictests.html

--Chris Ryan