[R] Stepwise lrm()

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon Oct 13 23:37:14 CEST 2008

You should note that the author of the lrm function (at least the one in the Design package, I don't know of others) is also one of the most vocal opponents of stepwise regression methods.  Using stepwise with lrm() is kind of like borrowing someone's "down with violence" sign to hit them over the head with.  You might want to look at the lasso2 package or get a copy of Frank's book for much better strategies.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org