[R] linear expenditure model

Arne Henningsen arne.henningsen at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 13 11:40:57 CEST 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 09:14:23, Marie Vandresse wrote:
> I have already used  aidsEst() function in the micEcon package for the
> estimation of elasticities.
>
> But with the LES, I plan to estimate the minimal consumption
> level...which is not possible with the AIDS model, do I?

You are right; it is not possible to estimate the minimum consumption level
with the Almost Ideal Demand System. Unfortunately, I don't see an easy way
to estimate the LES in R using system estimation techniques.
BTW: I am not convinced that the estimated parameters of the LES that are the
minimum consumption levels in theory are good estimates for the actual
minimum consumption levels in real life.

Arne

--
Arne Henningsen
http://www.arne-henningsen.name