[R] [R-pkgs] New verision 0.95 of package 'memisc' released to CRAN

Martin Elff elff at uni-mannheim.de
Mon Oct 6 10:23:52 CEST 2008

Dear useRs,

I am pleased to announce the availability of version 0.95 of package 'memisc'
on CRAN (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/memisc/).

'memisc' does not implement any new estimators, but focuses on providing an
infrastructure for data analysis especially of survey data. It may be of
interest to all those who have had to use a commercial package like SPSS or
Stata in order to prepare data for analysis in R. I wrote this package to
become independent from commercial software and to do everything in R, from
data management to data analysis and presentation of analysis results. I hope
that the package will be as useful for others as it has become for me. UseRs
may want to check out the vignette "Analysing the American National Election
Study of 1948" to see the package in action.

Feedback is more than welcome. Please to do not hesitate to inform me if you
find any bugs in this package.

All the best,

Martin

Package description:

Package: memisc
Type: Package
Title: Tools for Management of Survey Data, Graphics, Programming, Statistics,
and Simulation
Version: 0.95-1