[R] ParallelR

Markus Schmidberger schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Oct 9 18:38:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

mpi is probably the mostly used standard for parallel computing. It was
especially developed for message passing. Therefore most packages are
based on MPI.
Using "snow" you can choose between socket, mpi, pvm and (in the newest
version) nws. I think actually there are no other communication ports.

To avoid entering your password you should use ssh-keys!

Best
Markus