[R] Ecological Niche Modelling on R

Kingsford Jones kingsfordjones at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:51:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 6:17 AM, milton ruser <milton.ruser at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Finally, in fact GRASP do what I am looking for, and I am starting to
> compare the results of this packages with other very wel- know softwares
> (DescktopGarp, Maxent, OpenModeller). If someone of you have suggestions of
> other R-solutions for Ecological Niche Models, please, let-me know.

If you're interested in prediction methods based on presence-only
data, you might find Gillian Ward's dissertation interesting (
http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~hastie/students.htm ).  It includes
reference to an accompanying R package (although it does not appear to
be on CRAN).

hth,

Kingsford Jones

> Regards a lot.
> Savava.
>

> Miltinho Astronauta
> Brazil
>

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Clément Calenge <
> calenge at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
>

>>   It's very kind of Stephen to plug my book, but it's notwhat you're
>>> looking for.  You need to read more about this general topic, and aboutthe
>>> particular packages: try
>>>
>>> http://www.unine.ch/CSCF/grasp/grasp-r/index.htmlhttp://www.unine.ch/CSCF/grasp/
>>>  Based on downloading grasp , it doesn't look as thoughit will handle
>>> presence-only data, though -- you may needto look further.
>>>  It doesn't look like adehabitat is what you want.From Calenge, Clement.
>>> 2006. The package "adehabitat" for the R software: A toolfor the analysis of
>>> space and habitat use by animals. Ecological Modelling 197,no. 3-4 (August
>>> 25): 516-519. doi:10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2006.03.017.
>>> ' ... the "adehabitat" package for the R software, which offers basic