[R] Axes limits in rgl.surface (again)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Oct 8 20:58:00 CEST 2008

On 10/8/2008 2:28 PM, Kevin Wright wrote:
> An earlier post asked about limiting the z-axis range.  I have the
> opposite problem.  I need to expand the z-axis range in order to
> reduce the vertical relief on the surface plot (i.e. make it flatter).
>
> Any suggestions on how to do that?

persp3d supports a zlim argument to set the bounding box, but it doesn't
make sense to ask rgl.surface to do that.  It's a low level function to
add a surface to a scene, it knows nothing about the scene as a whole.

I don't recommend mixing rgl.* functions with *3d functions, either:
you will get weird things happening (disappearing text, strange colours).

Duncan Murdoch