[R] R and Multi threading

jgarcia at ija.csic.es jgarcia at ija.csic.es
Wed Oct 8 09:39:20 CEST 2008

Dear prof, and list!

I'm wondering which are the steps to exploit multiple processors/cores if
most of the processing time is due to C code dynamically loaded into R. I
mean; e.g., a Monte Carlo analysis calls the C part a huge number of
times, and it is this C part which takes most of the time.

Will snow be anyway useful for this, or multithreading must be made
explicit (I don't know how) within the C code, or there is nothing we can
do?

Javier G.P
----