[R] R on the Freakonomics Blog

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 7 15:38:11 CEST 2008

Quotes

"I probably have an unhealthy attraction to the powers of Excel. I taught my daughter how to use it when she was 7. When I teach corporate finance, I try to make sure that my law students come away from the course knowing how to crunch in Excel."

"And R is probably not kept up to speed on the cutting-edge empirical methods as quickly as the traditional packages. "

Yep, I'd say an unhealthy attraction to Excel and an stunning lack of knowledge about R.

I note that many contributers seem to be pointing out that R is just a bit better than the author seems to think it is.