[R] Rmpi memory error

David Ruau David.Ruau at rwth-aachen.de
Mon Oct 6 16:36:31 CEST 2008

Hi List,

I am testing to see if Rmpi work on our cluster.
I load Rmpi and try a simple test:

 > library(Rmpi)
 > mpi.spawn.Rslaves(nslaves = 4)

  *** caught segfault ***
address 0x248cba8, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
  1: .Call("mpi_comm_spawn", as.character(slave),
as.character(slavearg),     as.integer(nslaves), as.integer(info),
as.integer(root),     as.integer(intercomm
), PACKAGE = "Rmpi")
  2: mpi.comm.spawn(slave = system.file("Rslaves.sh", package =
"Rmpi"),     slavearg = arg, nslaves = nslaves, info = 0, root =
root,     intercomm = intercom
m)
  3: mpi.spawn.Rslaves(nslaves = 4)
aborting ...

Anybody has an idea of why it crash my R session?
We have a fairly old version of R on the cluster but the admin refuse
to install a new one because of dependencies...

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale: