[R] time segments intersection

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Fri Oct 3 23:02:43 CEST 2008

Thanks Gabor,

Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> If those do not work try installing some other packages, e.g. chron,
> to see if you can install anything.  If you still have problems there
> is something wrong with your installation.   Ask on the r-sig-mac list.

You are right: something is wrong with my installation. I was confident
because I've recently installed reshape, but it seems that something has
change since then, but I can not figure out what. See...

 > install.packages("reshape")
also installing the dependency 'plyr'

trying URL
'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.7/plyr_0.1.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 544654 bytes (531 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 531 Kb

trying URL
'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.7/reshape_0.8.1.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 94353 bytes (92 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 92 Kb

/bin/sh: tar: command not found
Error in sprintf(gettext(fmt, domain = domain), ...) :
  argument is missing, with no default

Same error this time...

/bin/sh: tar: command not found
Error in sprintf(gettext(fmt, domain = domain), ...) :
  argument is missing, with no default

In fact, there is a thread already there on this issue:

[R-SIG-Mac] /bin/sh: tar: command not found posted by
bolker at zoology.ufl.edu on 12/8/08 23:57. I will follow this thread.

Thanks again!

Greetings,

Ricardo