[R] How do one suggest a patch for the Foreign package

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 2 15:05:28 CEST 2008

In answer to your subject heading question:  to suggest a patch, send an
email to the package maintainer (as listed in the DESCRIPTION file).
Your suggestion will get a better reception if you offer sample
code/data to illustrate the problem, and a nicely written patch to the
sources to fix it.  (From your description below, it sounds as though
you want to change the args to a function, so you'll need to patch the
.Rd file for that function too.)

Pay attention to the effect of your changes on existing code.  Code that
works now should not be broken by your change if it is at all possible
to avoid that.

Duncan Murdoch