[R] movie3d function in the rgl package

Daniel McGlinn daniel.mcglinn at okstate.edu
Wed Oct 1 23:06:34 CEST 2008

Dear Duncan,

Thanks for your quick response!  I really like the rgl package.  First a
clarification.  I was not using IMDisplay to try to view the .gif file.
I apologize for that confusion.  I attempted to open the file with
Mozilla firefox which works but unfortunately only displays a black box.

Also I tried your suggestion of running R as an administrator and this
did not solve the problem.  I can write files from R into the bin
directory for example I can use the function "png" to create a single
image of a normal graphic (not a 3d graphic from the rgl package).  Also
changing the directory to the default such that the function movie3d
creates a new temporary file did not solve the problem.  It should be
noted that files (.png and .gif) are being generated by the function
movie3d and they have non-zero file sizes, it is just that they are all
completely black.  I will attempt to run the function in Windows XP to
see if I can generate different results just in case it is some kind of
Vista quirk.

Thanks again,

Dan

--
Daniel J. McGlinn, Botany Department, Oklahoma State University
117 LSE Stillwater OK 74078 USA 405-612-1780