[R] Bivariate normal

Sasha Pustota popgen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:04:47 CEST 2008

Thanks Jay. I realized that I was doing it a silly way shortly after I
posted and that the answer i was looking for is simply

condXY(y, x, my, mx, r) * dnorm(y, my)

condXY <- function(y, x, my, mx, r) {
  m <- mx + r*(y - my)
  s <- sqrt(1-r^2)
  p <- 1 - pnorm(x, mean=m, sd=s) + pnorm(-x, mean=m, sd=s)
}