[R] odfWeave and XML... on a Mac

Tubin sredmonson at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 16:24:07 CET 2008

I'm trying out odfWeave in a Mac environment and getting some odd behavior.
Having figured out that the code snippets only work if they're in certain
fonts, I was able to get R to run a test document through and produce an
output document.  After running it, though, I get a warning message:

Warning message:
In file.remove("styles_2.xml") :
  cannot remove file 'styles_2.xml', reason 'No such file or directory'

This message is interesting given that about 20 lines earlier I see:
Renaming styles_2.xml to styles.xml

If I run the test doc in results=verbatim mode, I see that warning by my
results appear in the appropriate places on the output document:

*****output*****
This is the basic text stuff.  Now I will try to input the other stuff:

[1] 5

And this is the after-text.
*****end*****

If I run the test document in results=xml mode, though, the output is blank:

This is the basic text stuff.  Now I will try to input the other stuff:

And this is the after-text.

Earlier posts on this forum suggest that the solution may involve loading an
earlier build of XML.  Is that likely to work?  And if so - stupid question
I'm sure, but how do I do that?

Thanks in advance for the time and attention of people more experienced than
myself...