[R] Compiling R for 64-bit Windows (was Re: increasing memory limit in Windows Server 2008 64-bit)

Michael Styer mstyer at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 25 08:33:08 CET 2008

I did some more research and I think I've answered my own question.

So my next question is, does anyone have any thoughts about how
significant a project it would be to compile R for 64-bit windows
(using, e.g., the Portland Group compiler)?

How much of the code would need to be changed to get around the issue
with longs?

I think this is probably beyond the scope of my project but I should
make sure before I give up.

Thanks for your help!

Mike