[R] spatial subset of ncdf

ole_roessler o.roessler at giub.uni-bonn.de
Mon Nov 24 11:30:02 CET 2008

dear

I was lokking for a solution or an example on the internet for quite a time
but since haven´t found an answer yet, I'd like to ask a maybe to simple
question:

I have a large ncdf-file with five dimension.
temperature (t2m), the variable against, lat, lon and time. (height is
included as well)

the structure is

[1] "file C:/RDaten/t2m.ETH.HC_A2.nc has 5 dimensions:"
[1] "height   Size: 1"
[1] "rlat   Size: 75"
[1] "rlon   Size: 65"
[1] "time   Size: 11160"
[1] "time_bnds   Size: 2"
[1] "------------------------"
[1] "file C:/RDaten/t2m.ETH.HC_A2.nc has 4 variables:"
[1] "float lat[rlon,rlat]  Longname:latitude of grid-points Missval:1e+30"
[1] "float lon[rlon,rlat]  Longname:longitude of grid-points Missval:1e+30"
[1] "char rotated_pole[]  Longname:rotated_pole Missval:NA"
[1] "float t2m[rlon,rlat,height,time]  Longname:2-m Temperature
Missval:1e+30"

I wonder now how to make a spatial subset of just one grid cell ?

I just found temporal subset. it would be of great help.

Best regards

Ole