[R] rgl lighting question

Rajarshi Guha rguha at indiana.edu
Fri Nov 21 20:30:02 CET 2008

Hi, I'm using rgl to generate a 3D surface plot and I'm struggling to
get the lighting correct. Currently the surface gets plotted, but is
very 'shiny'. On rotating the view, I get to see parts of the surface
- but overall I don't see much detail because of the spotlight like
lighting.

I've played around with the specular, ambient and diffuse but I can't
bring out the details of the surface. Could anybody point me to some
examples of how to make a plain matte surface, which isn't obscured
by specular reflections?

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha  <rguha at indiana.edu>
GPG Fingerprint: D070 5427 CC5B 7938 929C  DD13 66A1 922C 51E7 9E84