[R] install SPIA package on Windows

Erika Melissari erika.melissari at bioclinica.unipi.it
Thu Nov 20 15:45:01 CET 2008

Hello all,

I have read the suggested manuals, but I do not manage to install the SPIA
package yet.
I have installed Rtools28.exe following the indications, I have put the
package tar.gz in c:\ directory and I have extracted it by using command
window on c:\ folder and the following instruction

tar xvfz SPIA_0.0.1.tar.gz.

Then a new folder has been created, named SPIA, in c:\ containing extracted
files.
I have opened Rgui and I have typed

library(SPIA,lib.loc="c:/")

but unsuccessfully. This is the error message I have received:

> library(SPIA, lib.loc="c:/")
Error in library(SPIA, lib.loc = "c:/") :
  'SPIA' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?

Where is the problem?
Do I have to perform anything else?

Thank you so much for your help.

BG