[R] How to return individual equation from {aidsEst} in package [micEcon]?

Arne Henningsen arne.henningsen at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 20 00:04:03 CET 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008 21:24, Yang Wan wrote:
> (1) With previous problem, I have tried the way you suggested, but I
> still cannot do the tests. The problem here is that both {bgtest} and
> {bptest} in package [lmtest] need a formula in their arguments as
> follows,
>
> bgtest(formula, order = 1, order.by = NULL, type = c("Chisq", "F"), data
> = list())
> bptest(formula, varformula = NULL, studentize = TRUE, data = list())
>
> what I can get from {aidsEst} is the residuals. So, the previous
> question, is there other way to return individual equation or do you
> know another way to do these tests?

Currently, I have no idea, how "bgtest" and "bptest" can be used to test the
residuals of the single equations of a simultaneous equation model estimated
by systemfit. It is possible to obtain the formula of each equation using
the "formula" method for systemfit objects and you can obtain the data using
the "model.frame" method. However, it seems to me that "bgtest" and "bptest"
*estimate* the (single equation) model using the formula and the data
provided as arguments, but these estimates (and hence also the residuals)
generally differ from the estimates (and hence also the residuals) returned
by systemfit, because "bgtest" and "bptest" do not account for
contemporaneous correlation of the residuals and cross-equation restrictions.
Maybe you can contact the authors of the "lmtest" package and ask if they
have an idea how "bgtest" and "bptest" can be applied to single equations
estimated by systemfit.

Best wishes,
Arne

--