[R] Multidimensional array with R

Michael Zak zakdump at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:51:40 CET 2008

Hi there

I know, I'm sure you discussed this stuff 100 times, but I really have
a basic understanding problem, if and how do I create a
multidimensional array in R. I'm coming from MATLAB and there it's as
easy as you ever could imagine.

Ok, so, I want to have an array, where I can fill in data from a Excel
spreadsheet. The array should be addressed like this:

data["Cacao"]["Open"] or data["Cotton"]["Close"], you get me? Ok,
that's fine. Otherwise feel free to ask questions. Because I tried to
build such an array but without success (even with googling)...

Thank you, Michael