[R] Parsing regular expressions differently - feature request

David James daj025 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 04:21:26 CET 2008

Hi

Perhaps Python's raw strings is what Duncan TL  was referring to?
These are specified as r'Hello World' and their main
advantage is that backslashes are simply passed through.  From the
Python Language Reference:

"When an 'r' or 'R' prefix is present, a character following a
backslash is included in the string without change, and all
backslashes are left in the string. For example, the string literal
r"\n" consists of two characters: a backslash and a lowercase 'n'.
.... "

See http://docs.python.org/reference/lexical_analysis.html#id7 for more details.

Regards,

--